January is National Thank You Month and a great excuse to thank people who have contributed to your company’s growth and success. At PrincePerelson and Associates, we have much to be thankful for. Our supporters have helped us become one of the fastest growing U.S. staffing firms according to Staffing Industry Analysts and be designated by Forbes Magazine as one of “America’s best professional recruiting firms.” We are an Inc. 5000 company and have client satisfaction scores more than three times higher than the industry average. We would not be where we are today, however, without the support of loyal clients, employees, and business associates. We offer our heartfelt thanks to the many people who have helped us develop as a company and get where we are today.
At PrincePerelson, our focus on relationship-driven recruiting sets us apart from the competition. Our two decades in the industry have allowed us to form and maintain deep networks and long-standing industry connections.
Just as relationships with our clients matter, we know that relationships with employees matter if you want to have a happy and productive workforce. If you haven’t thanked your employees lately, we recommend starting a pattern of doing so often.
Ways to Show Thanks
Here are just a few ways of showing your appreciation for your staff members.
- Be generous with praise – Compliments are a powerful motivating force, and they cost you nothing. Don’t give out praise disingenuously, but when it is warranted, take every opportunity to share it. Praise employees for their accomplishments, efficiency, and positive interactions with customers and fellow co-workers. A genuine compliment can go a long way to make your workforce feel valued.
- Have fun – You can foster a better work environment if you inject fun into your workplace. Show your thanks to your employees by planning fun events, such as picnics, potlucks, and family get-togethers. Surprise your employees by ordering in lunch once in a while and enjoying a little bit of mid-day downtime.
- Say it with a note – Send your employees an old-fashioned thank you note by snail mail, or simply leave a sticky note on their desk. Either way, a heartfelt note is a prime way to boost employee morale.
- Recognize achievements – If an employee or a client achieves something exceptional, find a way to recognize it. One way is to gather all of the employees together and make the announcement, or you can make a poster congratulating the person for a job well done. If you want something more consistent, set up a quarterly or monthly award program to honor dedicated employees.
- Thank you gift – You don’t need to be extravagant with this one, but giving a deserving employee a small gift from time to time can be very meaningful. It may be something as simple as a gift certificate for a nearby fast-food restaurant or a book relevant to your industry. If money is an issue, try printing out a nice certificate that all members of the team can sign.
Leading employment agencies and placement firms will tell you that when employees feel appreciated, they’re more likely to do top-quality work and stay with your company for longer. But don’t stop with your employees. Make sure to thank your clients, too, with notes or small gifts. The same ideas that work for employees will resonate with your customers and keep them coming back for more.
Highly motivated and engaged employees are the secret to a successful organization. They are responsible for the transformation of inputs to outputs that will be served to your customers. All of their efforts should be rewarded. But, what are some of the ways to show how grateful you are to them? This infographic will show your gratitude to them.